Exhibit at the Connecticut Building at the 2017 Big E!
September 15 - October 1, 2017
There are three (3) types of exhibition opportunities:
Exhibition space is available at a rate of $25 per square feet. The cost includes parking and admission for staff and electricity.
10'x10' space is $2,500 for 17 days
3'x8' space is $600 for 17 days
10'x20' space is $5,000 for 17 days
Exhibition space for part-time exhibitors (2 or more consecutive days) is calculated by taking the full-time rate divided by the number of days the space will be occupied.
If a party is interested in a 10'x10' space for seven (7) days,
the cost would be $1029.
$2,500/17 days = $147 per day x 7 days = $1,029
Selection of Exhibitors:
The Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD) is committed to offering Connecticut businesses and non-profit organizations the opportunity to exhibit at the Connecticut Building. Only goods and services produced, grown, crafted, manufactured or significantly altered in Connecticut may be sold in the Connecticut Building.
- The selection process is competitive.
- All applications are reviewed and evaluated each year by a selection committee.
- DECD strives to avoid competition amongst exhibitors, but there is no assurance of exclusivity for any exhibitor as to product and/or service offerings.
- No past exhibitor is guaranteed selection or exclusivity of product/services each year.
- Applicants who have not exhibited previously may be interviewed prior to final selection.
- Applicants are required to submit a schematic drawing or photograph(s) of their proposed exhibit space and displays.
- Applicants are required to submit at least one (1) letter of recommendation.
The deadline to submit an application is Monday, April 3, 2017.
You may submit an application via email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Via fax to 860-256-2763
Or mail to Rhonda F. Olisky, DECD, One Constitution Plaza, 2nd Floor, Hartford, CT 06103
Application deadline: on or before Monday, April 3, 2017
Notification to applicants: on or before Friday, May 5, 2017
Return of signed contract: no later than Thursday, June 1, 2017
Payment due in full: no later than Friday, July 7, 2017 (but not before July 1)
* If payment is not paid in full by the above stated date, the booth space will not be held.
Food permit deadline: on or before Friday, July 7, 2016
are scored based on the following criteria
- Quality of application
- Alignment with the goals of the Connecticut Building
- Professionalism of exhibition space and display(s)
Panel review score sheet: PDF
Hours of Operation/Staff:
- The Connecticut Building is open to the fair-going public from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily.
- Closing an exhibit early will result in the forfeit of the exhibition space, without refund, and the exhibitor will be ineligible to apply again.
- Exhibition space must be staffed by at least one person at all times. An exhibitor who fails to properly staff their booth will be asked to leave, without refund, and will be ineligible to apply again.
- Of extreme importance are the people working in the booth for they are viewed as representatives of Connecticut.
- Exhibitors, including their staff, must have uniform attire representative of the company/products/organization during all shifts throughout the fair. (i.e. t-shirt/ business shirt/polo/hat with logo)
- All exhibition space must be professional and encouraging to visitors to stop by, learn, interact and purchase, where applicable.
- Exhibitors are required to enhance the assigned space to reflect their business/organization in the most positive and engaging manner.
- Selected exhibitors are required to pay for signage that conforms to the template designed by DECD. (approximate cost: $150) This cost is not built into the rental fee. Vendors will be billed seperately.
- All signs/banners produced by an exhibitor must be pre-approved by the building management.
Food permit application: PDF
* Food permit applications and payment should be submitted to Rhonda Olisky and/or Rosemary Bove. Do not submit the application or send payment to the Town of West Springfield.
For more information on Health Department requirements, please visit their website at:
For further information, please contact:
Rosemary Bove at 860-256-2725 or via email at email@example.com
Rhonda F. Olisky at 860-256-2752 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org